The M1 Carbine

Hey y'all! This week we've got what I consider a very iconic US Military rifle. The .30 Caliber M1 Carbine.


This rifle was used from World War 2 up until Vietnam until it was replaced largely by the M16.

The particular M1 Carbine I'll be demo'ing this week is made by Plainfield Machine. These rifles were manufactured between 1962 - 1978 and around 112,000 were made in that time from what I've read about them. They also made M2 Carbines that were select fire; these were marketed to law enforcement and our foreign military allies. Plainfield also made some rifles in the .22 Carbine (5.7mm Johnson or .22 Spitfire) which I hadn't heard of until I started looking into this rifle. 

So far looking at this rifle, I'm a huge fan. The action is incredibly smooth and really easy to work. And it just sounds amazing when you rack it. You'll hear what I mean in the video. The stock is a little bit wide for my preference, but it's still very comfortable to hold and carry. The mag feeds nicely and clicks right into place. This rifle has a 15 round mag that it comes with. 

The Ammo I'll be using in this video is TulAmmo 110gr Full Metal Jacket... somehow it just feels wrong using Russian steel case ammo in such an iconic rifle, but in today's market, beggars can't be choosers. 

That being said, Tula has been pretty good ammo from other calibers I've shot in the past, I just really hate cycling steel ammo. It seems to be alot harder on guns and actions. 

I've got a couple of different targets I'll be shooting this week that are self-healing targets. Supposedly these targets can take up to .50 cal soft nose rounds and they seal back up. I'm pretty excited to see if these hold up to their claim, but I'm even more excited to shoot this M1 Carbine. 

I hope you'll come check out the video when it's up on YouTube. Head over to the Idaho Rifleman channel on YouTube and hit subscribe and click the notification bell to be notified when I post new content. You can also check out Idaho Rifleman on Facebook and Instagram, I always post there when the new videos are up. 

I hope you guys have a great rest of your week, and I'll see you this weekend. 

God bless, 
Idaho Rifleman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affiliate Marketing

9mm vs 9x18 vs 380 Ballistics Test!

41 Magnum vs 44 Magnum Ballistics Test