.380 Ballistics

What's up everybody!

Welcome back, in this video, I have a Springfield 911 .380 auto to demo. 


I have been told in the past that if you're going to carry a .380, you need to carry FMJ rounds in the winter time to ensure your round penetrates heavy winter clothing. In this video, I want to test the ballistics of the .380 auto. 

Since my ballistics gel still has the imprint from the 30-30 hunting ballistics video, I'll be using gallon water jugs.

Let's talk about the gun. The Springfield 911 is a very nice little gun. It's a perfect size for a pocket pistol, it's light, and very comfortable. It's built on the concept of a 1911 and has alot of the same features, but it does not have the tang safety. The hammer is a very low profile design, which I see as being a problem if you carry with the hammer down, however this is improved if you carry on "hammer safe". Hammer safe is one click back which locks the slide and trigger.  The 911 does have a hammer lock, which seems sturdy, but as with all safety systems, they are mechanical and can fail. Overall though, I'm really impressed with this gun. My opinion is Springfield knocked it out of the park with this. Especially for 1911 enthusiasts. 

I'm really excited to demo this and see how it shoots. Head over to YouTube and check it out.

See you on the range!

God bless, 
Idaho Rifleman 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affiliate Marketing

9mm vs 9x18 vs 380 Ballistics Test!

Hunting Ballistics: 300AAC Blackout