.380 Ballistics part 2

In this video, I put the. 380 to the test again. This time I used a Ruger LCP .380 with some additional ammo types. 

This test was performed at 5 yards into 2 10% FBI ballistic gel blocks from Clear Ballistics.

The Ammo

Fiocchi 95gr FMJ
- Muzzle Velocity: 960 FPS

Fiocchi Blue Guardian 75gr HP
- Muzzle Velocity: 1,040 FPS

Federal Critical Defense 90gr FTX
- Muzzle Velocity 1,000 FPS

Federal 90gr Hydra-Shok
- Muzzle Velocity: 1,000 FPS

Remington Ultimate Defense 102gr BJHP
- Muzzle Velocity: 815 FPS

All of the ammo performed well with good expansion and wound channels. The Remington Ultimate Defense round did not open up and expand like a hollow point is supposed to. The tip was clogged with gel which may have contributed by taking up the space meant to create expansion. It's hard to say, so we will just have to test it again at some point. 

The Ruger LCP is a pretty decent handgun. It's a good shooter, but this one has no external safety, no last round lock back, and it isn't very comfortable in my big hands. I'm glad I got to demo it, but I'm equally glad it isn't my gun.

You can watch this video on the Idaho Rifleman YouTube channel. While you're there check out some of the other videos I've uploaded! Thanks for stopping by!

God bless, 
Idaho Rifleman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affiliate Marketing

9mm vs 9x18 vs 380 Ballistics Test!

Hunting Ballistics: 300AAC Blackout