AR47 vs Body Armor

Hey everybody! This video was pretty cool to make. This is the same AR lower that you saw in the last video, but I was able to get ahold of a different upper for this test.

The Upper:
This AR upper was built by Bear Creek Arsenal and is chambered in 7.62x39. The AK caliber. Now I know there's some AK and AR guys out there who believes this is the cardinal sin and nary the two shall meet, but hear me out. It actually performs really well. All you have to do is pull the takedown pins and boom, you have your rifle in a new caliber. 

The upper was very easy to install, like I said, it's just the 2 takedown pins and a special mag. Yes, the mag is different and you cannot use a 5.56 mag. It does not work, I tried. I looked them up, they're really not horrible for price as compared to a PMAG, only a couple bucks more, and they have that distinctive AK curve so you can tell them apart pretty easily. 

I'm a pretty big fan of being able to change calibers so easy on the AR. It makes range day alot of fun being able to shoot different calibers without bringing all the guns out. 

The Ammo:
I used Rəd Army Standard FMJ for this test. It was pretty sloppy. Not every round fired and it's pretty much all just reloaded, rebranded TulAmmo... but some of it did fire and we had a good hit on our Level 3A steel plate armor panel.

The armor held up really well and really didn't even leave a mark. Still, it didn't look like it would be a pleasant experience. 

I had alot of fun making this video. I hope you all enjoy it. 

Head over to Idaho Rifleman on YouTube to check out this and all of my other videos. Thanks!

God bless, 
Idaho Rifleman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Affiliate Marketing

9mm vs 9x18 vs 380 Ballistics Test!

Hunting Ballistics: 300AAC Blackout